Read the guidelines and tips of the website.
By posting to the Secondbike website and/or forums, or by replying to an ad/thread you agree:
- To follow this Code of Conduct
- Not to advertise commercial content, products or services in any way
- Not to spam
Not following these rules may result in the banning or deletion of your profile and/or content.
Moderators and admins may remove or modify your content at any time they seem necessary without notice.
These rules may be changed at any given moment without prior notice.
Advertisers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the adverts they place are suitable for listing on Secondbike (ie. that they are legal and decent).
These pages give you some guidelines as to which adverts may not be placed on Secondbike, but does not represent a complete list. If you are unsure of whether your product can be listed, please contact us.
We reserve the right to edit, remove or reclassify any advert at our discretion.
Adverts using graphic or obscene language are not allowed.
You should personally own the item or provide the service you are selling.
If the item is new, you should have it in stock. We do not accept adverts for items that are to be 'drop shipped'.
We do not accept adverts for items or services where the advertiser earns a commission through a third party affiliate program.
The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 requires all advertisements by people who sell goods or provide services in the course of a business to make that fact clear. The responsibility for this lies with the advertiser. It is an offence for a trader to pose as a private seller and you may be prosecuted. https://www.gov.uk/working-for-yourself/what-counts-as-self-employed
We encourage members to express their own opinions and to engage in lively debate. However, this shouldn't be at the expense of other people's enjoyment of the site.
Please note that this is a family site so content should be suitable for readers of all ages.
Specifically, we do not allow:
- Offensive or irrespectful language
- Personal abuse directed against other members
- Members that do not respect the opinion of others
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, https://secondbike.co.uk.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Secondbike, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, or hateful
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
You may use Secondbike only for lawful purposes. You may not use Secondbike:
- In any way that breaches our guidelines published at https://secondbike.co.uk/rules
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- In any way that involves the sale of counterfeit or stolen Items
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards listed below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar messages which promote services or website which compete with Secondbike or which damage the reputation of Secondbike
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
You also agree:
- To state whether or not any items advertised are offered in the course of trade or business
- That you are legally entitled to offer the Items which you advertise
- That your Posts comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes of practice. Including, without limitation, the British Codes of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing
Our site provides interactive services, including, without limitation:
• Online messaging service.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them and should be supervised by their parent or guardian. This is not our responsibility.
Should a concern or difficulty arise through the use of an interactive service, we can be contacted at https://secondbike.co.uk/assist
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
This Agreement was last updated on: January 2021.